Downloadable eBooks and Audio Books (WILBOR)
Reading an ebook or audiobook is now as easy as click, click, click!
1) Install the free software (Kindle app or OverDrive app). You can also use OverDrive Read to read in your browser without downloading any apps. (Adobe Digital Editions may be required for devices without internet connectivity. If using Adobe Digital Editions, contact the library to obtain the most up to date instructions to assist in completing your checkout.)
2) Browse and check out titles.
3) Complete the checkout process and begin reading your digital content.
Good to Know!
- You can choose your default lending period, either 7 or 14 days. At the end of the lending period, the book will automatically return! If there are no patrons on the waiting list for it, you may renew the title. If there are patrons on the waiting list, you will need to place a hold.
- Because titles automatically return, there are no late fees!
- All formats can now be returned early.
- Limit of 3 items per library card from WILBOR at one time (3 eBooks, 3 audiobooks, or a combination of both)
- Our WILBOR subscription covers Keokuk residents, rural Lee County residents, and those that have a purchased card.
- You can not check out items from WILBOR if you have: overdue item(s), fines of $10.00 or more, or an expired account.
- eBooks downloaded from Project Gutenberg through WILBOR do not count towards your limit, and never expire!
NOTE: To get started, you will need your KPL card and a password. If you do not have a password for your library account, please contact the library.
To help you get started:
- List of Supported Devices
- Checking out with OverDrive/App (PDF)
- Checking out with Kindle/App (PDF)
- OverDrive Help
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Downloading classic eBooks from Project Gutenberg, using WILBOR! (PDF) (Out-of-copyright ebook titles = NO cost, NO expiration dates, and they do NOT count against your 3 book limit!)
Want to recommend an audiobook or ebook title to the WILBOR team for purchase? Use this form!