Downloadable eBooks (WILBOR)
Choosing an e-book is now
as easy as click, click, click!
1) Install the free software from Overdrive's website - Adobe Digital Editions
(Kindle users - you can skip step #1 and scroll down to Kindle-specific instructions. No need to use a computer, so you can skip step #3!)
(NOOK HD, NOOK HD+, NOOK Tablet™ and NOOK Color™ users - there is now an OverDrive app just for you! No need to use a computer, so you can skip step #3!)
2) Browse and check out titles
Good to Know!
- Titles check out for 14 days - no renewals. (If you need the book for longer, you will have to check out again, or add yourself to the waiting list.)
- No late fees! Books automatically expire at the end of the lending period.
- eBooks CAN be "returned" early in Adobe Digital Editions (unlike audiobooks)
- Limit of 3 items per library card from WILBOR at one time (3 eBooks, 3 audiobooks, or a combination of both)
- Our WILBOR subscription covers Keokuk residents, rural Lee County residents, and those that have a purchased card.
- You can not check out items from WILBOR if you have: overdue item(s), fines of $10.00 or more, or an expired account.
- eBooks downloaded from Project Gutenberg through WILBOR do not count towards your limit, and never expire!
NOTE: To get started, you will need your KPL card and a password. If you do not have a password for your library account, please contact the library.
To help you get started:
- First Thing's First: List of Supported Devices
- How to Download eBooks from WILBOR (and return them early!) (PDF) - with Nook examples
- More Nook directions for WILBOR/OverDrive, from Being Ruth (blog)
- For NOOK HD, NOOK HD+, NOOK Tablet™ and NOOK Color™ - the new OverDrive app means that you no longer have to use your computer!
- WILBOR Quick Start Guide
- Guided Tour
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- More Troubleshooting (SWILSA website)
- Downloading classic eBooks from Project Gutenberg, using WILBOR! (PDF) (Out-of-copyright ebook titles = NO cost, NO expiration dates, and they do NOT count against your 3 book limit!)
Kindle Specific Instructions
- (See guides above for more information on OverDrive and WILBOR login, etc.!)
- Kindle Directions for WILBOR/OverDrive (PDF)
- Kindle Fire! - a Handy Guide (PDF)
Having a hard time finding a title that ISN'T checked out? Browse only available WILBOR titles, using the advanced search feature!
And another Handy Guide for searching
Want to recommend an audiobook or ebook title to the WILBOR team for purchase? Use this form!