Use the Genealogy/Local History Collections
- Lee County histories and atlases
- Microfilms of area newspapers
- Microfilms of census records
- Census indexes
- Plat books
- Land records
- City directories
- Scrapbooks (extensive collection from late 1800's/early 1900's)
- Cemetery indexes
- Keokuk death record index
- Naturalization papers
- Family genealogies and histories
- And some information on: Des Moines and Van Buren counties (Iowa), Hancock County (Illinois), and Clark County (Missouri).
Search our catalog on-line for these items! These items are cataloged and many are indexed. Let us know if you need assistance.
Genealogy and Local History materials do not circulate. You can browse them on the upper floor of the library only.
When searching the catalog click on "Availability" for the call number. If it begins with the heading Genealogy, it will be located in the Genealogy section in the main area of the library.
If it begins with Local History, it is a fragile item and is located in a staff area. Please ask a member of the staff to retrieve local history items for you; you will have to fill out a form to look at the item inside the library.
Local yearbooks and works by local authors are located in the ICN/Small Conference Room, near Genealogy.