Borrow from another library (Inter-library Loan)
Our library is connected to other libraries throughout Iowa and the United States. If you can't find an item in this library, ask library staff to help you borrow from another library.
We will need the title and author or a subject to fill your request.
$1.75 In-State ILLs: If the item you request is found in the State of Iowa, we charge $1.75 to help with the return shipping cost. (The full cost of this service is usually about $2.25 - $2.75 per item)
$3.50 Out-of-State ILLS: We now charge $3.50 per item if the item you request can not be located in the state and you agree to pay the larger fee to search out-of-state. (The full cost of this service is about $7.25 - $7.75 per item.)
- You must be a Keokuk resident, a rural Lee County resident, or have a purchased a Keokuk Public Library card. If not, you must ask for this service at your home town library.
- You must have no fines, fees, or overdue items, and your account must be up-to-date.
- The item requested must be at least 6 months old. If not, you can wait or request that we purchase the item.
- Payment is due when you pick up the item.
- You must pay for borrowed items, even if you do not pick them up. People that request and do not pick up items will not be able to continue using this service.
- Items check out according to the rules of the lending library. If notified, we will request a renewal on your behalf, but we must follow the lending library's decision.
- We charge the same fines and fees for ILL items, and the lending library's replacement fees if the item not unreturned (see "Fee Schedule").
- The library reserves the right to refuse interlibrary loan service to patrons who abuse this service. (see Circulation policies)